Forum and Comment EtiquetteEdit
Please be civil; do not argue, insult, threaten, harass, purposefully offend, or disrespect users or their opinions. You can disagree with users and have a civil debate but if things are getting heated, step away and disengage. It's not worth a screaming match in the comments of an article.
Respect the site's staff when they ask you to stop doing something harmful or disruptive. Disrespectful, spam, or off-topic comments can and will be deleted to clean up pages.
Nowhere on the site should you:
- Abuse, harass, threaten or intimidate other FANDOM users;
- Use homophobic or other discrimatory language, ethnic slurs, religious intolerance, or encourage criminal conduct;
- Attempt to stalk or impersonate another user or person;
- Post or transmit any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any FANDOM user;
- Solicit personal information from any user under the age of 18;
- Promote any kind of genocide or fascism; or
- Comment/post in a manner intended to elicit overly strong negative and emotional responses or for shock value
While Flight Rising has a profanity filter for the site, Flight Rising Wiki will be a little more lenient. Minor profanity (ass, damn, hell, etc) is permitted as long as it is not used frequently. If every post or comment a user makes contains profanity, they will be asked to tone it down even if they are only minor general swears.
- Example: "Damn, that is hardcore."
- Example: "Wow that character is such an ass!"
The exception to this is if profanity is directed at a real person or group of people as then it goes into the territory of targeting and harassment. This is a big no, and offenders will be warned. Repeat offenders will be banned for a time depending on how severe they were being. Any profanity relating to genitalia or the act of sex is not allowed. Racial, gendered, or homophobic slurs are not allowed even if not directed at real people.
- Example: "[username] is such an asshole!"
- Example: "You're a dumbass for thinking that."
- Example: "**** you!"
- Example: "What a *****."
Sexual & Obscene ContentEdit
Pornographic content, sexual violence, or erotic literature or role-play is not allowed. Please keep things child friendly and keep your sexual comments to your significant others and the bedroom.
Gratuitously offensive content and inappropriate references focused on bodily fluids/waste (human, animal, OR dragon) are not allowed either.
Violence & GoreEdit
Any reference to violence or injury must be in line with existing Flight Rising lore. Content focused on slavery, child abuse, or excessive violence/gore is not allowed. When in doubt on the level of violence, be vague. Anything that communicated intent to commit a real-life act of violence against any person or group of people is not allowed no matter how vague.
- Example: Talking about a dragon getting impaled is okay, but if you go into describing in detail what it looks like, that's too far.
Do not vandalize, spam, or advertise on wiki pages. All pages should be in English and use correct grammar, spelling, and syntax to the best of the user's ability. Proofread your edit before hitting submit - we all make mistakes sometimes! If you notice something in an article is written incorrectly or spelled wrong, hit the edit button and fix it.
Information should be concise and easy to understand. Questionable or unsourced information may be removed. Any rumors should be kept to a trivia section with a note that it is a rumor.
Uploading Images or VideosEdit
Please rename your image or video to something descriptive that will be easy to find again and add to articles. If you're uploading something from Flight Rising, please select the correct licensing from the dropdown menu.
Item images should be named the same as their on-site name with the same capitalization and any hyphens or punctuation. For familiars, the full familiar image should have the familiar's name while the icon with the little heart in the corner should have "Icon" following the familiar's name.
For Skins/Accents, the full image should be named the Skin's name followed by Skin or Accent and the icon should have Icon at the end. If there are two or more official skins named the same, add the breed name to the image file to differentiate.
- Example: A Skin named Skin: Apple Orchard should have its image named Apple Orchard Skin and the icon should be Apple Orchard Skin Icon.
- Example: The name Skin: Wildfire is shared by two different items. One for Wildclaws and the other for Ridgebacks. Since the Wildclaw one came second, its file is named Wildfire Wildclaw Skin. Wildfire Skin Wildclaw would also have been acceptable.
Any apparel or gene previews should contain the name of the apparel/gene, the breed, and the sex it is featured on. Using "M" or "F" in place of male of female is acceptable.
- Example: An image of a female Ridgeback wearing a Pretty Pink Neck Bow named something like "Pretty Pink Neck Bow Ridgeback F" is perfect! Naming it "Neck Bow Ridge" is not ideal but still could be found with some work and naming it "48026_350" is a definitely unfavorable as there is no description.