Elemental Holidays, or elemental festivals, are in-game events in which the Festive Favors shop will be open, selling annual items.
Holidays occur on the last week of every month except December. Each will begin around midnight on a Sunday, and end around midnight the following Sunday, Flight Rising server time (PST/PDT).
The close of the The Third Age coincided with a deterioration of trust and cooperation between the elemental flights; the gods fell into a deep bitterness for several thousand years. Since that time, however, the children of each have come to accept their places in the new world, even nurturing a growing reverence for their elemental cousins.
About once a month, all dragonkind comes together to celebrate one of the eleven elements for an entire week. Holidays are meant as an armistice time and conflict is discouraged.
This shop opens only during elemental holidays. The Festive Favors shop accepts holiday currency only, acquired through gathering activities and via Baldwin's Bubbling Brew. This shop sells four exclusive items that are only available during the holiday. When the holiday ends, the shop closes.
Holiday Oriented Skins and AccentsEdit
Before each festival, the admins usually hold a contest to create skins and accents that will be released to the public for the length of the holiday. There are always an even number of winners for each contest and half of the skins drop in chests from monsters (neutral or the holiday's element) in the Coliseum or can be dug up in their respective element while gathering. All but two of the skins and accents are sold in the Marketplace for 35k Treasure. One skin and one accent are available by brewing level 2 recipes at Baldwin's Bubbling Brew.
Holiday skins are exclusive to the current festival that is running over the end of the month and are only available for that holiday itself.
List of HolidaysEdit
Below are the months in which each holiday is celebrated:
|Month||Holiday||Elemental Flights:||First Celebrated:|
|October||Riot of Rot||Plague||2013|
|December||**Night of the Nocturne||None||2014|
**Night of the Nocturne is an event that runs near the end of December, but is not considered an elemental holiday.
- In the past, only half of the skins were able to be bought with the other half exclusive to the chests, but that was thought to be unfair for players who don't have time to fight in the coliseum and was changed.
- There is actually reason for the order of the elemental holidays. From the Weekly Q&A thread (Page 529): "As far as the months that were assigned, they very loosely correspond with a variety of factors. Note: These factors typically do not affect Sornieth. This is simply the admin's internal logic at work rather than rolling the dice on the holidays! A lot of this relates to where we live, which is in the northern hemisphere in North America.
- June: Light - The Longest day of the year occurs during June.
- July: Lightning - Depending on the area you live in you can see heat lightning, which seemed to fit well with desert-dwelling electric dragons.
- August: Fire - It's hot. It's so hot. Fire is hot. August is hot like fire. It burns.
- September: Arcane - A new year of school is starting: time to learn.
- October: Plague - Many plants are in the process of dying off for the year, ready to come back later.
- November: Earth - Trees have dropped their leaves, but snow has not yet fallen. You see a lot of bare earth. The last harvests are pulled in, further exposing it.
- January: Ice - Depending on where you live, there may be a good deal of snow and icy temperatures at work.
- February: Shadow - Long nights and long shadows! (December does contain the longest night, but we didn't want to put an elemental holiday in that month.)
- March: Wind - In the northern hemisphere March is a notoriously windy month.
- April: Water - April showers, etc.
- May: Nature - It's safe to plant most flowers and gardens. Greenery everywhere!