Selling an item at the Auction House is a relatively simple matter:
- Click the Sell button at the upper right.
- Select the type of item you wish to sell at the right of the window.
- Select the item you wish to sell.
- Select the amount you wish to sell (from 1 to the amount you currently possess).
- Select the number of days you wish to list the item (1, 3, or 7).
- Decide on a price, in treasure or gems.
- Click the Post Auction button.
Your item will then be silently auctioned along with other items of the same type. If another player purchases your item, you will be notified in Alerts, and the payment for your item will be sent to you in your Messages; if your auction expires without selling, it will be returned to you in your Messages.
Sometimes you will change your mind about selling an item on the Auction House - perhaps you found a direct buyer for your dragon, or perhaps you mistyped the price. You can cancel an auction by clicking the Activity button at the top right, then selecting My Auctions on the right.
Buying an item at the Auction House is even simpler:
- Select the type of item you wish to purchase at the top of the window.
- You can either browse the listings (and sort by date or price) or search for a specific item.
- When you have found the item you want, click the Buy Item button in the listing.
- Confirm that you wish to spend the item's cost.
Your item will be delivered as a message attachment or, if you've purchased a dragon, to your Dragon Lair.
- Although the Buy Item button will be disabled if an auction expires while you are looking at it, it will not be disabled if someone else buys the item before you do. If you click Buy Item and get the message "You cannot buy this auction", someone else has purchased the item between when you loaded the Auction House page and when you decided to purchase the item.
- If you do not have sufficient funds to purchase an item, you will not be informed of this until you click the Confirm button, rather than when you click the Buy Item button.